[emacs-wiki-discuss] About Diary sections in day pages

From: jlr_0
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] About Diary sections in day pages
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 14:42:45 +0200

  EG> you have made changes in diary-entry-time, but I've made mines in
  EG> diary-entry-times (note the plural!)

Thanks. I did not notice the difference in spelling.

  EG> Please try this out and tell me if you succeed!

This cal-desk-calendar part seems now to be working.

Just a minor modification.  I changed `fit-window-to-buffer' to
`planner-fit-window-to-buffer' for compatibility sake with Xemacs (as advised in
planner-appt.el).

Other question: Are the entries supposed to be sorted in the "* Diary" section
of my day pages now?

Because my entries are NOT sorted.  I get this:

,----
| * Public Diary
|
| @11:00 | 12:00 | Meeting 2
| @08:30 | 09:30 | Meeting 1
| @14:00 | 15:30 | Meeting 4
| @12:10 | 13:10 | Meeting 3
`----

and I would very much like them to be sorted.

Speaking of "diary" sections, I wonder whether there is an easy way to prevent
the "* Private Diary" section from being published.  More generally, I may
like to prevent any section beginning with "Private" to be published.

As far as the weekly-view code configuration I get the following error message:

 "Symbol's value as variable is void: fancy-diary-display-mode-map"

Where is this variable supposed to be defined?

I also have the following message:

 "Symbol's function definition is void"

for the following functions:

 `diary-view-entries' called by `week-graph-view-diary-entries'
 (ie, "W" in calendar-mode-map)

 `diary-include-planner-appts' called by `day-view-planner-appt-entries'
 ("d" in calendar-mode-map),

BTW where is the `diary-check-diary-file' function supposed to be defined?  With
XEmacs 21.4.18 it is not in diary-lib.el and therefore
'day-view-planner-appt-entries` cannot be executed.

Same question with `fancy-diary-display-mode-map'.  Where is this variable
supposed to be defined.  When I evaluate the following piece of code

(define-key fancy-diary-display-mode-map "d" 'day-view-planner-appt-entries)

I get an error.

  EG> (I'm not that sure that this weekly-view will suffice for having
  EG> inter-operability with external icalendars, for instance. Or maybe I'm
  EG> being short-sighted!

Has someone already thought about this?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

--