[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2005.04.17

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: sachawiki: 2005.04.17
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:10:46 +0800

you prefer to use Gmane (a mailing list->NNTP/blog gateway), check out
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.wiki.general .

>    I use planner mode quite a bit. I like it a lot, however I have
>    one thought. Is it possible to integrate it with Microsoft
>    Outlook or Pocket PC. I already invested sizable sum of money
>    into it and now I like Planner a lot. But syncing is always a
>    problem.

I don't have Microsoft Outlook any more, but maybe with help from you
and the other people in the Planner community, we can get something to
work. =) What kind of data can Outlook export and import? Maybe we can
figure something out based on that. Can you find out what kind of data
Outlook expects and how we might be able to automatically create the
tasks needed? That would be ubercool. <grin>

Another way would be to run Emacs on the device itself, although it's
not really suited to the stylus.
http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/emacs-wince.html is a port of Emacs
20 to WinCE. We used to support Emacs 20, so it should be possible to
get it to work again.

Hmmm...

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.wiki.general/1768 describes
something that works on the Mac and syncs with a Palm. It must be
doable on Windows, too...

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - open source geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, CS ed