[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: remember-planner and putting notes yesterday's

From: Raymond Zeitler
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: remember-planner and putting notes yesterday's day page
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:41:57 -0400

Thanks for the offer, Jody.  I finally had time to ponder this yesterday, but I
couldn't think of an obvious way to override date.  I plan to try Sacha's new
planner-timewarp, anyway.

After a brief look at your cool website, it occurs to me that the fields we
both work in may be intertwined in some small way.  The field of Surface
Acoustic Waves (which puts bread on my table) can be traced to the work of Sir
Walter Raleigh and the Raleigh Wave he once observed over a century ago!

--
Raymond Zeitler <address@hidden>

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:34:13 -0800
From: Jody Klymak <address@hidden>

Hi Raymond,

"Raymond Zeitler" <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be easier for me if remember-region could be changed to
> prompt for a date rather than always default to today's date.
> Alternatively, if there's already a way to move a note from today's
> day page to yesterday's (or any arbitrary date) that would help,
> too.  I suppose I could preface these notes with "This is what
> happened yesterday..."

It should be pretty easy to write a wrapper to remember-planner-append
to prompt for a page and then substitute the wrapper as the value of
remember-handler-functions instead of remember-planner-append.

If you need more pointers, let me know and I could try it this
weekend.

Cheers,  Jody