[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner.el menu not showing up - XEmacs

From: Surendra Singhi
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: Planner.el menu not showing up - XEmacs
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:25:14 -0700

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> Surendra Singhi <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> (easy-menu-add planner-menu planner-mode-map)
>
> That's odd. There's already a line
>
> (easy-menu-add planner-menu planner-mode-map)
>
> by itself in planner.el.
I know, but for some reason having a line by itself doesn't seems enough, to
create
menus in Xemacs.

> Is this something we need to add to planner-mode-hook? Hmm...

I think adding the line to planner mode hook may solve the problem.

The other alternative(adding the line to the end of plan function) which I
suggested would not always work, specifically the menu will be created only
once when plan function is called and not for every planner mode buffer.

--
Surendra Singhi
www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/

"O thou my friend! The prosperity of Crime is like unto the lightning,
whose traitorous brilliancies embellish the atmosphere but for an
instant, in order to hurl into death's very depths the luckless one
they have dazzled." -- Marquis de Sade