[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [Fwd: two questions about muse]

From: Michael Olson
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: [Fwd: two questions about muse]
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:01:27 -0500

Li Daobing <address@hidden> writes:

> 1. I don't know how to use different CSS style file in the
> project. I tried #style xxx.css in the file, but can't get the
> result in the final html file.

First, make sure you download the most recent Muse tarball from
http://www.mwolson.org/static/dist/muse-latest.tar.gz.  I'm starting
to actively add to the Muse source code.

If you use the same CSS stylesheet for every file in your project,
customize `muse-html-style-sheet' to something like:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" charset="utf-8" media="all"
href="/default.css">

Replace "/default.css" with the location to your stylesheet.

If you want a different stylesheet for a particular page, you could
try putting "#style mysheet.css" near the top of the page and modify
`muse-html-style-sheet' to something like:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" charset="utf-8" media="all"
href="<lisp>(or (muse-publishing-directive "style") "/default.css"</lisp>>

I haven't tested this, but intuitively it should work.

Alternatively, you could try the following.

<lisp>(set
  (make-variable-buffer-local 'muse-html-style-sheet)
  "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" charset=\"utf-8\" media=\"all\"
href=\"/default.css\">")
</lisp>

I also haven't tested this, but it has a good chance of working.

> 2. I notice there are example files in the muse directory:
> muse-johnw.el publish-johnw, could you show me how to use them?

I've put John's example configuration in examples/johnw.  Mine are in
examples/mwolson.  muse-johnw.el is his Muse settings file, where he
defines his project list and custom functions that he uses.
publish-johnw is a script that he uses to publish his Muse projects.

If you want, you can do all your publishing from Emacs by typing C-c
C-p in the buffer of a file belonging to a Muse project.  Either way
should work fine.

--
Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652 -- http://www.mwolson.org/
Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net -- IRC: mwolson on freenode.net: #muse, #pulug