Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] wiki-project

From: TC
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] wiki-project
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:23:41 -0600

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 09:59, Yamagata Yoriyuki wrote:

> Wouldn't it be safer to use old value of emacs-wiki-projects...
> ... since emacs-wiki-journal and planner add their own values to
> emacs-wiki-projects?

I suppose it could be safer, but it's not hard to get journal and
planner both working alongside the main wiki, *and* with customized
directories (source and publish) for all of them.  I have planner,
journal and three emacs-wiki projects (i.e. five projects in all),
working fine.

> I had overwrite emacs-wiki-projects using customize-group, and have
> hard time until I noticed the cause.  Maybe I'm stupid, but still...

You're no more stupid than me. (Don't take too much comfort from
that though; my cluelessness is legendary :-)

Anyway - like you, I don't like using customize-group and for the very
reason you are describing.  Instead, I set the variables directly.
However, be aware that you can't always simply use setq for that.
Instead, see my own voyage of discovery on this topic, in the thread
starting at:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-wiki-discuss/2004-11/msg00047.html

FWIW, I've attached my emacs-wiki-init.el and planner-init.el files.
All I can say about them is that they work for me.  Also, I'm not
currently making heavy use of planner, so although my setup does work, I
haven't stressed it. Caveat emptor ago-go.

tc