emacs-tangents

Re: Blog post

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Blog post
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 17:20:56 +0100

> Sent: Friday, December 15, 2023 at 12:46 AM
> From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech@gmx.com>
> Cc: "Eshel Yaron" <me@eshelyaron.com>, Emacs-tangents@gnu.org

If it was a better choice, one should adopt it.  Strong emotions, especially
negative ones like anger, can be physically and mentally taxing to everybody.

Hacker groups have been marked by conflicts or "wars".  Encouraging a
transformation
of the working conditions which were historically characterized by intense
verbal abuse
is needed.  I put the emphasis on the maintainers themselves to eliminate chaos
within
their project.  The latter could be the specific area where our opinions
differ.
Users typically focus upon specific details, whereas software designers focus on
making everything work well together.  From my experience, being a maintainer
requires
a higher level of concentration and control of the external.