Re: [O] An Org-based productivity tool

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [O] An Org-based productivity tool
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 13:45:25 -0700

auto-clocking might be interesting.

there would be a concept of a dominating clocking entry similar to
dominating file.  i.e. if where you are is not a clocking entry, go up
until you find one that is.  if you find none at top level, you create
a clock entry in the logbook there.

if you switch buffers or move around, you clock out and in where you
were and are.  every few minutes, you try to clock in where you are,
or the dominating clocking entry.  this is done with timers.  idle
time might go to a special clocking entry.

or something like that.  the idea is that you don't have to remember
to clock in and out.

--
The Kafka Pandemic: <http://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com>

The disease DOES progress. MANY people have died from it. And ANYBODY
can get it at any time.

"You’ve really gotta quit this and get moving, because this is murder
by neglect." ---
<http://www.meaction.net/2017/02/03/pwme-people-with-me-are-being-murdered-by-neglect>.