[O] Best book to get from novice to guru?

From: Birnle
Subject: [O] Best book to get from novice to guru?
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2017 04:00:54 +0200

Dear group,

Since I like to know my daily used software „by heart“ and I really don’t want to ask too many silly questions, here’s another:

Which book (or books) do I have to read / work through to get from Emacs/Org novice to (almost) guru? Which is/are the best in your opinion?

I’ve seen that there is

Are there more? Which one is obligatory? And I know the sites

and some others. All the good information is out there, but where is it bundled in one (or two or three) book(s)?

And is it necessary to learn Lisp in order to master Emacs?

Best,
Birnle