Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 07:42:30 +1100

On 10/11/16 05:51, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 9 November 2016 at 14:20, Marco Wahl <address@hidden> wrote:
     In particular, no blank line is allowed between PLANNING and HEADLINE.
I just checked, and was surprised to find that M-x org-lint RET does
*not* catch this. Is this a bug in org-lint, or does org-lint not
intend to catch this sort of thing?

Also, if this really is the case, then the manual needs to be modified. Under 8.1, it says

" A timestamp can appear anywhere in the headline or body of an Org tree
entry."

and under 8.3:

"A timestamp may be preceded by special keywords to facilitate planning:"

I can't see anywhere that requires the DEADLINE: keyword to be flush against a heading.

There may be some reason for requiring this, but if there is no good reason, I would like to see it changed to be more flexible.

Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206              sip:address@hidden