Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] DEADLINE: position in entry
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 16:08:34 +0100

Hello,

Alan Tyree <address@hidden> writes:

> Suggested wording:
>
> In 8.1:
>

> timestamp can appear anywhere in the headline or body of an Org tree
> entr UNLESS is is preceded by a keyword in which case it must be properly
> positioned or it will be ignored: see 8.3 for details.

This is wrong. Only the keyword is ignored, not the timestamp. This is
why DEADLINE and SCHEDULED location is unrelated to section 8.1.

> A timestamp may be preceded by special keywords to facilitate planning.
> WARNING: both the timestamp and the keyword are ignored if not positioned
> immediately following the headline. No space or other text is allowed.

I think "immediately following the headline" is unambiguous. No need to
specify "no space or other text is allowed".

I modified section 8.3 accordingly.

WDYT?

Nicolas Goaziou