Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Improving aesthetics & readability of backquote
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 10:56:48 +0300

> From: "Paul W. Rankin" <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 12:46:49 +1000
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> In the recent mailing list thread (cited in my first email), both
> Eli and Stefan urged people to request features in Emacs when they
> found the existing Emacs capabilities insufficient:

I think there might be some over-reaction here.  No one reprimanded
you for bringing up this suggestion.  What happened is that Richard
expressed his opinion about the suggested feature, that's all.  I'm
sure you will agree that some suggestions which Stefan and myself
solicited will cause objections and disagreements.  That's entirely
normal and should be expected.

Let's continue discussing this issue until we understand the balance
of the different opinions about your proposal.