Re: [ELPA] New package: xr

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: xr
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 15:10:54 +0100

27 feb. 2019 kl. 18.09 skrev Michael Heerdegen <address@hidden>:

> Then maybe at least define several settings somewhere and make them
> available to be used as argument or replacement list or whatever.  It
> would be good if it was possible to get a different behavior without too
> much brain usage: Make it so that the calls needed can be kept short.

That's probably a good idea; the optional argument could be either an alist or
a symbol like 'short or 'verbose.

Good defaults are just as important. I thought that one-or-more would be more
descriptive than + or 1+ for those not familiar with the rx notation, but
perhaps this was a mistake.

Which would you prefer as default symbol from each of these sets?

 one-or-more 1+ +
 zero-or-more 0+ *
 zero-or-one optional opt ?
 repeat **  (for lower-upper-bounded repetition)
 repeat =   (for exact-count repetition)
 any char in
 not-newline nonl
 group submatch