Re: new-flex-completion-style

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: new-flex-completion-style
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:16:27 +0000

On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 11:35 PM Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
> > +                  Fcons (Qcategory, Qbuffer),
> > +                  Fcons (Qcycle_sort_function, Qidentity));
> >    else
> >      return Qnil;
> >  }
> That easy, huh?

Yep, and does the right thing default-wise, too.  If I'm not mistaken,
I'd say it behaves exactly like ido-switch-to-buffer now, which doesn't
use score-based sorting, when icomplete-mode is used with the
new flex completion style.

BTW, has the council of completion elders reached any sort of
white-smoke decision vis-à-vis where to score-sort?

> I think a more precise description would be that cycle-sort-function now
> also overrides the use of minibuffer-history-variable.

That's in the commit message's subject line, but OK I've changed it.