Re: new-flex-completion-style

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: new-flex-completion-style
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:54:10 +0000

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 7:20 PM Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> > If so, then I think your _equivalent_ regexp is probably .*f.*o.*o.*
> (string-match-p "f.*o.*o" "barfoobaz") => 3

Right, sorry for the confusion.

> Can you see that some of the following predefined orders
> might be advantageous in particular contexts/use cases?
> Can you see that whether matching is scatter, regexp,
> basic prefix, or others, any of the following can be
> useful?

No, I can't. That's probably input for the style vs category vs table
vs UI debate, where I'd rather, like Stefan, go for the path of
least redesign which seems to plug sorting to a style.

Perhaps I'll change my opinion with specific use cases where
using my proposed sorting function with flex isn't a good
solution.

Thanks anyway,
João

João Távora