Re: emacs daemon crash

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacs daemon crash
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:07:46 +0300

> From: hx <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:50:59 +0800
>
> emacs26 on i386 linux,
>
> two sessions both su from root to a normal user ( #su - user )
>
> 1$ emacs -nw -q --fg-daemon
>
> ### I should run "script /dev/null" first, but didn't
> 2$ emacsclient -t
> *ERROR*: Could not open file: /dev/pts/2
> 2$ emacsclient -t
> ### daemon crash here.

FWIW, I cannot reproduce this hear, at least not with the latest
emacs-26 branch.  I don't get the error of the first emacsclient
invocation to begin with.

Would you please use report-emacs-bug to report the problem with all
the details?  As a nice side effect, that will tell us several
important details about your system and the Emacs configuration.

Also, any reason to use -q in the daemon command?