Re: jit-compile: Not a byte-compiled function

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: jit-compile: Not a byte-compiled function
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 22:18:09 +0200

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> Óscar> I'm trying the libjit branch but I'm stuck with the above error thrown
> Óscar> from jit-compile. For instance:
>
> Óscar> What I'm missing?
>
> The function has to be compiled with lexical-binding = t.

Thanks, but evaluating this sequence in *scratch* :

(setq lexical-binding t)
(defun foo ()
  (message "hi"))
(byte-compile 'foo)
(jit-compile 'foo)

still produces the error. Same with a function that is defined on a
source file that contains lexical-binding: t as file-local variable:

(jit-compile 'avy--style-fn)