Re: Weird problem with inital frame sizing

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Weird problem with inital frame sizing
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 16:20:10 -0400

>>       (set-face-attribute 'default nil
>>                           :family "DejaVu Sans Mono" :height 140)

I'd recommend you move away from set-face-attribute.

> I need to condition my init on whether I'm running under X, on a
> terminal, or under cocoa ("ns"), so I need to know the value of
> window-system when setting things in my init file. (I use a single
> init file on many different machines for sanity's sake.)

Faces can be set on a per-frame basis, and Custom knows how to describe
face settings that depend on the terminal.

You can try something like

    (face-spec-set 'default
                   '((((type x)) :family "DejaVu Sans Mono" :height 140)
                     (((type ns)) :family "Monaco" :height 100)
                     (t :family :height 120)))

-- Stefan