Re: Some developement questions

From: hw
Subject: Re: Some developement questions
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 14:46:42 +0200

Ergus <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
> I propose a simple online survey, but I don't know what platform will you
> approve for this:
>
> Some of my proposed questions are: (more or less)
> [...]

The assumption that there are qualified classes of users may be false or
true.  How could the answers to these questions show which is the case,
and how do the answers allow to derive qualified classes of users from
them?

This survey could be extremely difficult to do because you need to make
a very detailed anticipation of what you're asking about to ensure that
you are asking the right questions without influencing the result
through the way the questions are formed, and all that before you could
verify whether what you are trying to find something out about does
indeed exist or not.

What is the usual way scientists have to research a recursive problem
like this?  Find out if there are qualified classes of users first, then
what they might be and then what settings they are using?

PS: I just noticed that the bug tracker must have a collection of
settings because some are being reported when making a bug report.  Is
there a way to find out what most bug reporters use for some of the
settings, using this information?