Re: Error in post-command-hook (icomplete-post-command-hook): (void-func

From: net june
Subject: Re: Error in post-command-hook (icomplete-post-command-hook): (void-function set-message-beep)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:13:14 +0000

On 07/14/2018 11:00 PM, net june wrote:

> On 07/14/2018 10:25 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
>> I can't reproduce this.  And since the error talks about icomplete, I
>> think you have somehow loaded and activated that package.
>>
>> Also, where did you get this version of Emacs?  Did you build it
>> yourself?
>>

> I built it using the emacs-26 branch (after 26.1 released) in emacs git
> repo with no modification.
>
> I see that set-message-beep and w32-register-hot-key are defined on
> windows and is not available for GNU/Linux. Did you test it on
> GNU/Linux? Maybe the problem only appears on GNU/Linux.
>
> I'm using GNU/Linux(Centos 7).

Also can be reproduced by following steps:
1. emacs -Q
2. C-h f or M-x describe-function
3. input "w32-<TAB>" where <TAB> is pressing the tab key
4. emacs error: byte-code: Symbol’s function definition is void:
set-message-beep

Note:
The error message is not right in the original mail. That error message
was copied from another emacs session( not "emacs -Q"). The error
message in this mail(in the step 4) is the right one. Sorry for the mistake.