Re: tramp doesn't work for me in 26.1 but does in 25.3

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: tramp doesn't work for me in 26.1 but does in 25.3
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 13:16:55 +1200

On 2018-06-20 10:33, Kevin Layer wrote:
When I C-x C-f /machinename:/dir TAB I get nothing.
tramp-default-method is the same in both versions (scp).

Tramp now requires an explicit method component in the filename.

Relevant NEWS entries are:

*** The method part of remote file names is mandatory now.
A valid remote file name starts with "/method:host:" or
"/method:address@hidden:".

*** The new pseudo method "-" is a marker for the default method.
"/-::" is the shortest remote file name then.

So either of these should work in Emacs 26:

C-x C-f /-:machinename:/dir
C-x C-f /scp:machinename:/dir