movemail location

From: Joseph Mingrone
Subject: movemail location
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2018 14:02:50 -0300

Hello,

Starting with 26.1, we have configured the Emacs package on FreeBSD to use GNU
Mailutils.  However, now that
$PREFIX/libexec/emacs/26.1/amd64-portbld-freebsd11.1/movemail is not installed,
we have received reports that Gnus, for example, gives an error about not
finding movemail.  There are a few different workarounds like patching,
creating a link, or asking users to set `mail-source-movemail-program'.  Am I
missing a configuration option, so that we don't require any of these
workarounds?

If not, then probably the easiest thing to do is simply create a link in
$PREFIX/libexec/emacs/26.1/amd64-portbld-freebsd11.1/ to point to
$PREFIX/bin/movemail.

Thanks,

Joseph