Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Deprecate TLS1.0 support in emacs
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 13:29:47 -0400

SM> As for the other action (silence the warning) I wonder if it's really
SM> needed: if the mechanism is discreet enough, it's just as easy for the
SM> user to "filter it out as noise".

> Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

That if the user feels so bothered by the warning to want 6 different
choices (with 3 additional sub-choices for some of them), then we
already failed because the user is already annoyed.

Instead I think that the warning should be just sufficiently visible
that the user who's interested will notice it, but sufficiently
unobtrusive that the user who doesn't care can just "filter out".

        Stefan