Re: lldb support

From: Toon Claes
Subject: Re: lldb support
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 10:33:41 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> Daniel said lldb supports the MI protocol.  If that is true, lldb is
> already supported.  Can someone try that and see if that works, and if
> not, tell why?
>
> Thanks.

The tool `lldb-mi` is not installed on macOS by default (on 10.11 El Capitan
that is). But it can be installed with Homebrew.

    brew install llvm --with-lldb --with-clang

But that is outside the question.
I tried to use it:

    M-x gud-gdb /usr/local/opt/llvm/bin/lldb-mi hello

and when setting a breakpoint I got the following error:

    error: command 'breakpoint' did not recognize 'hello .swift:28' as valid
(subcommand might be invalid).
    ambiguous command 'break'. Possible completions:
        breakpoint

So, no, it is not working at the moment.

Regards,
Toon