Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 21:17:11 +0200

> From: Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 19:26:46 +0100
>
> Having to figure out how to make Emacs work on Windows 9X (*) for
> allowing some hypothetical users (**) to keep shooting themselves on the
> foot seems like something we could stop doing at this moment.

Just to set the record straight, and to help those who might be
looking for this information:

> * Accessing reliable information about which APIs work on Windows 9X is
>   not easy at all.

One can find that information here:

  http://winapi.freetechsecrets.com/win32/

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/trunk/main/sal/systools/win32/uwinapi/unicows.dxp

(The 2nd one lists functions absent from Windows 9X, but added by
UNICOWS.DLL.)

> ** How many bug reports came from Windows 9X users on the last, say, 8
>    years?

Two, AFAIR.  They were both about things that didn't work on 9X, which
we fixed since then.