Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 11:51:02 -0500

> In any case, the non-removal of support for Windows 9X was an explicit
> request from Richard, an opinion which AFAIU he still held 5 years
> ago:

5 years is a fairly long time.  AFAIK Windows 98 was released in
... 1998 (surprise surprise), with a second edition in 1999.
So 5 years ago it was 13 years old.  There's a significant different
between 13 years old and 18 years old, so there's a good chance that the
number of users of Window98 is fallen sharply during this time.

Of course, I don't know whether it has, nor whether the intersection of
Windows98 users with Emacs users has fallen sharply.

        Stefan