Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: When should ralloc.c be used? (WAS: bug#24358)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 12:38:48 -0400

  > For you and me (and a few others), maybe.  For most of the current
  > Emacs contributors it's nowhere near "simple enough", because it
  > requires one to be familiar with intimate details of Emacs object
  > design and implementation.

No it doesn't.  The code to look at objects and output them this way
wouldn't have to know any more about how they are represented
than the code for Fprinc.  It would operate using the usual macros
for decomposing objects.

The idea that all C code should be regarded as unmaintainable
is a nonstarter.

--
Dr Richard Stallman