Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs rewrite in a maintainable language
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 19:34:37 -0400

  > Or a more radical approach: a Lispy language, easy to learn by those who
  > already know Elisp, but which can be translated all the way to something
  > as performant as the current C code, while being capable of interacting
  > with it.

This would be a tremendous amount of work, for a mere cleanup:
it would not make Emacs any better to use, for anyone.
It would not greatly help future development either.

I urge people to think instead about implementing useful features,
such as handling more kinds of formatted text, or various features
for a more powerful IDE (many of these are lacking).

--
Dr Richard Stallman