Re: Master is broken

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Master is broken
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:46:34 +0300

> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 11:47:38 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
>   data.o: In function `Fsetcdr':
>   /srv/data/home/e/eliz/git/emacs/trunk/src/data.c:573: undefined reference
> to `CHECK_IMPURE'
>   data.o:/srv/data/home/e/eliz/git/emacs/trunk/src/data.c:2218: more
> undefined references to `CHECK_IMPURE' follow
>   collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>   make[1]: *** [temacs] Error 1
>
> I'm not really sure what's going on here, all this INLINE stuff is too
> complicated.  These 2 inline functions are clearly visible in the
> preprocessed source, and still the linker barfs.  The only way I could
> make it link successfully was by including puresize.h in emacs.c as
> well, but then temacs crashed during loadup.

With the fix by Andreas in 8f41c30, including puresize.h in emacs.c
now seems to DTRT, so I committed that change.

Btw, Andreas, don't we need a similar change (i.e. use XPNTR in the
second argument of CHECK_IMPURE) in the other places where
CHECK_IMPURE is called as well?  If not, can you explain why XVECTOR
is incorrect there, but XCONS is correct?

Thanks.