Re: Silencing noise

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Silencing noise
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 09:37:07 -0700

Correct -- re a thread might be accessing multiple buffers / frames --
I was thinking more along the  lines of

1. Messages displayed to the user should come from threads handling
the UI -- and roughly equated each thread of control to a user-visible
Frame (admittedly a very coarse granularity of threading but better
than the present)

and in that world,
2. Suggested that some app the user launches from a frame e.g. get
news, update packages etc should not cause UI changes such as
flickering messages in other frames where one i happily editting.