Re: electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: electric-pair-mode as a minor mode?
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 14:16:36 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I think in the case of the smiley regexps, rather than mark them as
>>> comments, it's better to only change the parenthesis's syntax to be
>>> "punctuation".
>> Since Lars hasn't responded yet, here's an updated patch that addresses
>> the issues discussed so far.  OK to install?
>
> [ Hmm.... I'd really like Lars's input on this.
>   But it looks OK to me.  ]

Commited with your recommendations.

As a side note, a spurious "Summary: " prefix slipped through in the
first line of the commit message, since I ammended my local commit from
the command line, with emacsclient as EDITOR and then used M-p
`log-edit-previous-comment' to pull in the last message. I saw
'Summary:' fontified so assumed it would be killed by `log-edit-mode'.

Something like

   (defun log-edit--strip-headers-maybe ()
     (save-excursion
       (goto-char (point-min))
       (when (and (search-forward-regexp "^Summary:[ \t]+" (line-end-position)
t)
                  (y-or-n-p "Possibly spurious \"Summary:\" header detected.
Remove?"))
         (delete-region (match-beginning 0) (match-end 0)))))

Would have helped, but I don't know where to hook it