Re: map.el and naming

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: map.el and naming
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 08:53:03 -0400

>>> "dict-" is short. "Dictionary" is another well-known name for a mapping
>>> data structure.
>> "dict-" is OK with me.
> It would be fine (short and meaningful), but I don't really like how it
> sounds.  I know I'm being picky here...

I also prefer "map-" in general, FWIW.

> Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I'll think about this for a while.

So it seems the alternative is between finding a replacement for the
"map, the type" (where "dict" is the best candidate so far) and finding
a replacement for "map, the operation" (not sure what the best
candidates would be here, maybe "iterate", or "loop", or "visit"?).

        Stefan