Re: vc-dir default directory: repository root?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: vc-dir default directory: repository root?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 00:43:42 +0200

On 01/19/2015 04:57 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote:

The ergonomics of sometimes prompting and sometimes not strike me as
potentially troublesome. Won't that lead to stray RETs in the vc-dir buffer?

Hard to say.

Without your patch, it shouldn't (currently, there's not much expectation that vc-dir will open in the desired directory if you just press RET).

With your patch, possibly. But if the user only has to type that RET, on average, once per session, the reflex will probably fail to form. I don't think it'll be a problem for me, personally.