Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 19:55:06 -0500

On Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:01:27 -0500 Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
wrote:
>   > and even worse, to
>   > convince developers in general that free software is too hard
>   > to use and that non-free software is the way for them to get
>   > their work done.
>
> I cannot follow you there.  Which non-free software are you talking
> about?  Could there be a misunderstanding here?
>
> LLVM is free software.

I'm referring to IDEs and refactoring tools. I now know a large number
of people, even people who used to be Emacs enthusiasts and would
otherwise prefer to continue using Emacs, who use such tools because
they are simply to convenient. They reduce their work load too much,
make it much easier to produce software they need to write at higher
speed.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden