Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 10:41:21 +0200

> Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:02:13 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>   >   E.g., if it turns out that we
>   > need 99% of what is already in the AST, the argument for using it will
>   > be much more substantiated.
>
> For me, the concern is rather,
> what IS in the AST that we DON'T need.

That concern will be addressed by the same procedure I proposed.  You
can look at that 1% (or 5% or 10% or whatever) and decide then whether
it's worth to avoid giving it up.  But to make that decision you need
to know what is and what isn't needed, there's no way around that for
an intelligent decision.