Re: HTML-Info design

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 09:59:15 +0000

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> But I can promise to keep working on what I've got and making it
>> better.
>>
>> What else would I need to do?
>
> I think it might make sense trying to work out a roadmap that draws in
> some helpers eager to prove themselves.  Problem with that is that those
> might want to work on more "cutting-edge" solutions rather than what
> simple browsers support.

I never said I was supporting simple browsers.

Emacs and HTML5 is what I am supporting. I can't see how I could support
simple browsers, by which I mean Lynx, links, e-links, w3 and even eww.

Of those eww has the most chance of someone fixing it to support Info
like behaviour. But I don't think I'll be doing it.

For clarification, one path I am considering for Emacs HTML/Info would
be to use shr.

Nic