Re: HTML-Info design

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: HTML-Info design
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 18:58:01 -0500

  > Emacs and HTML5 is what I am supporting. I can't see how I could support
  > simple browsers, by which I mean Lynx, links, e-links, w3 and even eww.

The HTML-Info files will display fine in these browsers, since they
will contain proper standard HTML.  These browsers will not provide
the special Info navigation, menu and index commands, but they will
work.

  > For clarification, one path I am considering for Emacs HTML/Info would
  > be to use shr.

What is shr?  What are the implications of this?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation