Re: Generalizing find-definition

From: Helmut Eller
Subject: Re: Generalizing find-definition
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 15:47:11 +0100

On Tue, Dec 09 2014, Dmitry Gutov wrote:

> Would anyone mind if I try my hand at porting this code to the "plain
> functions" approach?

I don't mind.  Rewrites welcome!

> For the location value, using cl-defstruct seems to be
> appropriate, but using plain functions and vars for everything else
> should be simpler.

Actually, the location stuff was the primary reason I started using
EIEIO.  In SLIME we have quite a zoo of location variants (not based on
EIEIO), e.g. file+byteoffset, file+charoffsets, search-strings, and
something that we call "source-paths".  A source-path describes a path
in the SEXP tree; sounds weird but works surprisingly well for Lisp
syntax.

Just want to say that locations should be very flexible.

Helmut