Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 09:01:14 +0300

> From: Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 21:51:32 +0200
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Andy Moreton <address@hidden>,
>       Emacs developers <address@hidden>
>
> On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Your aclocal is broken.  Not our problem.
>
> "My aclocal" is just straight from Eli's automake-1.11.6-msys-bin.zip
> and hasn't changed for a long while. So a recent change in the trunk
> has broken my setup.

That change started using the pkg.m4 file that previously was unused
by Emacs.

The Automake distribution you find in ezwinports cannot possibly come
with all the *.m4 files in the world, it only comes with those that
are part of Automake (and a few popular additions, I think).  The rest
should come from the additional packages you install (pkg-config in
this case); when you install these, make sure all the *.m4 files you
find there end up in your MSYS's share/aclocal/ hierarchy, duplicated
from the MinGW tree if needed.  It's a small annoyance to remember
that, but (un)fortunately, if you forget, you are reminded soon enough
with error messages from Automake like the ones you saw in this case.

I will update the ezwinports distro nonetheless.