Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 09:29:58 +0200

>> The version of aclocal that you are using cannot find the pkg.m4 file that
>> pkg-config provides.
>
> I think the problem is with pkg.m4, which comes with the pkg-config
> package (see the message above).  My crystal ball says that you do
> have that file, but in the wrong place: since your pkg-config is a
> MinGW port, you have that file in share/aclocal under the MinGW root,
> but not under the MSYS root.
>
> In general, I suggest to make sure your *.m4 files are always
> duplicated in both trees, because you can never know which script will
> need it and where will they look for them.

On Windows XP I'm currently getting

c:\emacs\trunk\nt>c:/Programme/MinGW/msys/1.0/bin/bash.exe --login -i -c  "cd
/c/emacs/trunk/ ; make"
c:/Programme/MinGW/msys/1.0/bin/bash.exe --login -i -c  "cd /c/emacs/trunk/ ; rm -f
src/emacs-*.exe"
c:/Programme/MinGW/msys/1.0/bin/bash.exe --login -i -c  "cd /c/emacs/trunk/ ;
make"
cd . && aclocal -I m4
cd . && autoconf
configure.ac:70: error: possibly undefined macro: AS_ECHO
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:1351: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG
configure.ac:1354: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_CHECK_MODULES
configure.ac:1363: error: possibly undefined macro: m4_default
configure.ac:2293: error: possibly undefined macro: PKG_CONFIG
make: *** [configure] Error 1

What do I have to do?

Thanks, martin