Re: Eshell and lexical bindings

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Eshell and lexical bindings
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:22:20 +0900

Stephen Berman writes:

 > FYI, the phrase is "whole hog", typically in the idiom "go whole hog"
 > (in American English; in British English the idiom is apparently "go the
 > whole hog").  It's similar to "go all out", which you may also have been
 > thinking of.

I think in this case Stefan's exact meaning would likely be captured
by "go for it" (or more CC ("commercially correct" :-) but not as
exact) "Just Do It".

The "whole hog" has somewhat sloppy connotations, BTW.  I'd never say
that *to* one of my contributors with the meaning of "go right ahead
(do whatever you want)", though it surely would be appropriate to say
*of* Ben Wing that he frequently "goes the whole hog." :-)