Re: BBDB v3 approaching release

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: BBDB v3 approaching release
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 23:23:20 +0200

On Tue May 28 2013 Christian Egli wrote:
> > - The current configure scripts and makefiles pretty much follow the
> >   old lines of BBDB v2.  I'd be glad if someone familiar with the GNU
> >   conventions for such files could look over these files so that
> >   they work reliably / as expected on different platforms.
>
> I know my way around autotools and have some understanding of the GNU
> conventions. I looked at configure.ac and Makefile.in. I could help.
> What exactly is it that you want to do? Just port the build system to
> more modern and standard autotools usage?

Hi Christian

Thanks! - One concern is about the options of the ./configure script
related to the installation of BBDB.  Say, currently the options
--prefix  and --datadir don't do anything meaningful.  But I don't
know what would be meaningful here.

I am really a novice with that stuff. So possibly there are more
problems hidden that I have not yet realized.

Roland