Re: BBDB v3 approaching release

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: BBDB v3 approaching release
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 22:18:32 +0200

On Mon May 27 2013 Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> http://marmalade-repo.org/ and/or http://melpa.milkbox.net/.
>
> The latter doesn't use tarballs, you just create a recipe and
> point it to your repository.

Maybe I am old-fashioned here: I had been thinking about releasing a
tar ball that comes with a configure script and makefiles to compile
and install BBDB. One reason for this is that BBDB includes tex
files required for printing BBDB. These files usually reside in some
tex directory outside the usual emacs tree.

(What happens to other packages hosted on savannah? How are they
released? Maybe this is also something I should look for on the
savannah mailing list.)

Or is all this really outdated??

Roland