Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 14:58:52 -0400

    My point is not that you should spend time on it, but that it is
    painfully evident for those of us that do follow the Bazaar
    developers' list.

_Some_ conclusion is painfully evident to you, but it is not clear
what your conclusion implies for the decision I face.  We are, in
essence, miscommunicating.

    Even if the maintainers fix these bugs by your request, that means
    nothing IMHO.

I hope you understand that before I take the drastic step of giving up
on a package, I need to be convinced there is no hope.  People on this
list are proposing that I give up after a snap judgment based on a
weaker criterion.  I won't do that.  The advice which suggests I do that
is not useful or relevant.

The help that I need, to make the decision, is to give me the
corrdinates of the specific Bzr bug report about the ELPA branch.
There should be someone on this list for whom that would be quick and
easy.

Without this help, my decision will be stuck in the same limbo where
it has been stuck for some months.  Please help me out.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation