Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development

From: Allen S. Rout
Subject: Re: On the subject of Git, Bazaar, and the future of Emacs development
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:48:01 -0400

On 03/27/2013 01:15 PM, Richard Stallman wrote:

> The point is, I am trying to determine whether Bzr is effectively
> maintained or not.  I'd rather get a Yes answer than a No answer.

I'm a 20-year lover of Emacs, though only the most negligible
contributor.  It might be appropriate for my two cents to be ignored by
this assemblage, but here it is.

If RMS must make a personal appeal to generate action at this moment,
even if action is forthcoming, that action cannot reasonably be laid to
the general credit of the Bzr project.

The "maintained" state of a project is not determined by response to a
single bug, but by ongoing availability and responsiveness.   Waiting
for maintainer interest to decay again so that the situation is again
unambiguous is IMO a waste of time.  A 5 year sample (the conversation
from March 2008) to now seems sufficient rope.

- Allen S. Rout