Regression with calc-eval

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Regression with calc-eval
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:25:26 +0100

Hi,

I just noticed a regression with calc-eval.

Calc-eval can no longer be called out of the blue.  Calc-eval calls
calc-do-calc-eval which calls calc-check-defines.  calc-check-defines does a
set-buffer to "*Calculator*", so it needs this buffer present and initialized,
as if M-x calc had already been called interactively.  This did not be the case
earlier, and I have not been able to see when this change occurred.

This should be fixed.  I would like to know how to work around it.  Org-mode
calls calc-eval to do its table calculations.

Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this issue?

Thanks!

- Carsten