Re: Regression with calc-eval

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Regression with calc-eval
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:33:44 -0500

> I just noticed a regression with calc-eval.
>
> Calc-eval can no longer be called out of the blue.  Calc-eval calls
> calc-do-calc-eval which calls calc-check-defines.  calc-check-defines
> does a set-buffer to "*Calculator*", so it needs this buffer present
> and initialized, as if M-x calc had already been called interactively.

calc-check-defines only does anything when calc-define has a property
list, which isn't always the case.  But calc-do-calc-eval also calls
calc-create-buffer, and always has.

But the *Calculator* buffer is not shown by default, so what problems
does this cause?

> This did not be the case earlier,

Are you sure?
When I get the chance I'll try it out on older versions of emacs, but do
you have a specific version where the *Calculator* buffer wasn't
created?

> This should be fixed.  I would like to know how to work around it.

I'll look at it when I get the chance.