help with smie

From: Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
Subject: help with smie
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 04:40:27 +0900

Hello,

I like to use SMIE for indentation in one of my package called ncl-mode¹. Ncl
syntax is some what similar to Fortran. But it seems kind of big for me to
implement now.

So I decided to first try SMIE work for another small major mode called
namelist-mode². Namelist files are sort of configuration files Fortran
programs (you may already know that).

Anyway, namelist files are very simple, look like the following,

 &group1
   key1 = value1, value2
   key2 = value1,
 $end
 &group2
   key1 = value1
 $end

I wrote smie rules in the mode, tried to see how it works. No surprise they
didn't work.

So, actual questions are,

- is there any way I can check the correctness of the rules.?
- can I look at the parsed tokens by SMIE to find out how SMIE sees the text
  in the buffer.

and also I would be glad if any of you can review my code (second link in the
footnote), let me know the blunders I made in writing it.

Thanks,

PS: my understanding of language parser is very elementary. So please excuse
me if I sound stupid.

¹  https://github.com/yyr/ncl-mode
²  https://github.com/yyr/namelist-mode

--