Re: help with smie

From: Josh
Subject: Re: help with smie
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:32:54 -0800

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala
<address@hidden> wrote:
> So I decided to first try SMIE work for another small major mode called
> namelist-modeĀ². Namelist files are sort of configuration files Fortran
> programs (you may already know that).
> [...]
> I wrote smie rules in the mode, tried to see how it works. No surprise they
> didn't work.

I tried a similar exercise recently, with similar results.  I read in
(info "(elisp) SMIE setup")
that SMIE's "main entry point is `smie-setup' which is a function
typically called while setting
up a major mode."  Would it make sense to add an example of a simple
SMIE-based major
mode to (info "(elisp) Example Major Modes") ?