Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: CEDET package in Emacs bug tracker
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 13:29:43 +0200

Glenn Morris writes:
> Another option I should mention is that you can have a "cedet"
> pseudo-package if you want. This is basically a package, but with no
> maintainer email address. The existing examples are "ns" and "w32".
> These have to be used in conjunction with the "emacs" package (it does
> not make sense for something to just be in the "ns" package).
> Personally, I think these don't add much value over eg simply putting
> "ns" in the bug subject. Also, they make it harder to merge bugs.
>
> But I know the usertag interface is not that well developed, so if you
> want a pseudo-package, you can have one.

Thanks, but I think I like usertags better. They are more lightweight
and feel more natural to me than those pseudo-packages. Also, anyone
maintaining a package in Emacs can use them without any action on your
part. And as long as I can somehow get a list of bugs tagged as 'cedet'
(or by the user 'cedet' - I'm not sure yet what's better), the user
interface is fine for me.

-David